Winter

We GeoCache, LetterBox, TerraCache. . .

TerraCachingProfile for TheWhitesRCaching

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tarantulas


I have a tarantula too. This is him. I named him Aadi. . . because back when I got him I thought he was a she. OOPS lol


So that is a pic of Aadi my ex-husband took for me today. (He's still at his house at the moment).


Aadi is a Rose-Hair tarantula. He is really beautiful. I've had him almost a year, I think. He's awesome to watch.


Rose-haired Tarantula

Chilean Rose-haired Tarantula
Family: Theraphosidae
Subfamily: Theraphosinae

Here are some links on Rose-Hairs:


Other information:

2 comments:

bluerose said...

Cool! Can you pick him up? Does he seem to know you?

Tara's Talk said...

I don't pick him up because I don't want to accidentally drop him & hurt him. He is able to kick hairs if he gets aggitated, although in the time I have had him, he hasn't done it. You can see all his abdomen has its hair. I do know of many people (through boards) that do handle their tarantulas.